Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
Due to a regression in the FancyZones code, we removed the binaries of this release. A fix will be provided shortly
- Removed legacy editor (along with the settings option to choose between the legacy editor and the new editor).
- Added a settings to disable FancyZones for user defined list of applications.
- The editor now opens highlighting the current active layout.
- Show the correct keyboard key for the editor shortcut (with some limitations due to the WebView control).
- Fixed the FancyZones bug that was stealing the number keys (mostly happening when dragging Chrome tabs).
- Fixed a DPI scaling bug in the FancyZones editor that was causing the zones to be placed in the wrong position on the screen.
- Fixed bug preventing several apps from working with FancyZones (there are still some cases, like remote apps, that may not work).
- The dialog can be resized (still need to finished the work to handle DPI changes when moving the dialog between screen with different scaling %).
- Added settings to restore search and replace flags value from previous run.
- Added settings to enable autocomplete and auto-suggest.
- Improved RegEx replace result.
- Fix bug preventing sub-folder items to be renamed if parent folder is also renamed.
Other bug fixes
- fixed a bug in the runner that was causing the tray icon to not appear.
- minor UI tweaks to the Settings appearance (icons position and margins, module's description text and documentation links position and margins).
- fixed a crash in the ShortcutGuide.
NOTE: when upgrading from a previous version, the installer will close all the Windows Explorer windows in order to update the PowerRename shell extension.
- Fixed crashing bug
- Fixed duplicate entries for PowerRename in context menu for shortcuts
- PowerRename dialog is no longer appearing in top corner all the time
- Ensure we show the file extension in the UI even if extensions are hidden in Windows Explorer
- Fixed conflicting key with Xbox controller
- Hide Shortcut Guide when a screenshot is taken
- Microsoft signed binaries and installer
- Dark Mode for the Settings and for ShortcutGuide
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the PT Settings to be opened on some Windows configurations.
- Various improvements for other UI/UX bugs.
- Editor now supports multi-monitor
- Hotkey to open FZ Editor is now configurable (Win+~ was unavailable on several non-US keyboards)
- Fixed a bug that was preventing from activating zones for applications with custom title bars
- FZ Editor can now be used on small screens
- Improved zone activation when dragging a window, smaller zones have precedence over larger zone (community contribution)
- Fixed a crashing bug in FZ on some localized version of Windows (community contribution)
- Fixed bug preventing from resizing zone when zone edge is on the right or bottom screen edge
- Fixed bug that was causing the task bar and other special system windows to be snapped into zones
- Improved application detection for FZ history
- Change a FZ default settings to avoid interfering with full screen applications.
Co-authored-by: Alexis Campailla firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-authored-by: Bret Anderson email@example.com
Co-authored-by: Enrico Giordani firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-authored-by: Jaime Bernardo email@example.com
Co-authored-by: Jeff Bogdan firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-authored-by: March Rogers email@example.com
Co-authored-by: Mike Harsh firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-authored-by: Nachum Bundak Nachum.Bundak@microsoft.com
Co-authored-by: Oliver Jones email@example.com
Co-authored-by: Patrick Little firstname.lastname@example.org