The repositories in this organization contain all the source code, configuration and sounds used on the instrument. The code is split across multiple repositories:
- midigurdy/mg-build - Configuration and scripts to build the MidiGurdy software stack
- midigurdy/mg-core - The main program, sound generation, user-interface etc
- midigurdy/mg-effects - LADSPA effects used in the MidiGurdy sound output
- midigurdy/mg-initialdata - Default SoundFonts and configuration
- midigurdy/mg-web - The web-interface of the MidiGurdy
- midigurdy/linux - Linux kernel and special MidiGurdy drivers
This repository - midigurdy/midigurdy - does not contain any source code and is only used for documentation, wiki and issue tracker.
Reporting Bugs or Feature Requests
If you notice a bug in any of the different components, please use the issue tracker in this repository.
If you have a new feature you would like to propose, please use the forum at https://forum.midigurdy.com to discuss it with the other MidiGurdy users first.
Building from source
The MidiGurdy build-process uses buildroot to cross-compile all code for the ARM architecture. The following is a short introduction on how to compile it yourself or a recent Debian or Ubuntu system.
- Make sure you have all required packages installed:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends -y git wget file python cpio unzip rsync bc build-essential \ ca-certificates device-tree-compiler libncurses5-dev cmake npm libcap-dev imagemagick
- Create a base-directory for all MidiGurdy related files:
mkdir ~/mgurdy cd ~/mgurdy
- Check out the midigurdy/mg-build repository:
git clone https://github.com/midigurdy/mg-build.git
- Create and configure the build environment:
mg-build/scripts/create_build_environment.sh mg-build build
- Switch to build environment and start the build
cd build/output make
Sit back and wait for the build to finish... depending on your machine this will take between 30 minutes and a few hours.
Create the firmware update image
You will end up with a midigurdy-X.X.X.swu update file which you can store onto a USB stick and use to update the instrument.