Join GitHub today
MidoNet 2015.06 Release Notes
Overview of release
This is is the fourth release of MidoNet.
This release introduces:
- Support for OpenStack Kilo : MidoNet can be installed in conjunction with OpenStack Kilo or Juno versions.
- Improvements to the centralized configuration : MNA-377
- Watchdog process for the MidoNet host agent is now configurable : MNA-376
- Docker with OpenStack Nova : Openstack Kilo version introduces the support of MidoNet for Nova Docker.
- Puppet deployment : Puppet modules are available for MidoNet components.
URL of the repositories:
- MidoNet : http://repo.midonet.org/midonet/v2015.06/
- OpenStack MidoNet plugin
- Misc : http://repo.midonet.org/misc/
|Package||Version (Ubuntu)||Version (Red Hat)|
|Ubuntu 14.04 LTS||Kilo||MidoNet 2015.06|
|CentOS 7||Kilo||MidoNet 2015.06|
|Ubuntu 14.04 LTS||Juno||MidoNet 2015.06|
|CentOS 7||Juno||MidoNet 2015.06|
Those are the platform that were tested; MidoNet might work with other distributions or Openstack versions, we would love to hear your experience.
It is recommended to only attempt an upgrade from MidoNet 2015.03
Upgrades from nightly builds versions will most likely fail or leave the system in an incoherent state.
See the complete list of solved issues in MidoNet Jira.
Symptoms: Lower performances and higher memory consumption on the agents because all connections are tracked which means every connection will have flow state, that’s stored in memory of the participating agents.
Conditions: Create a security group and generate traffic.