Transcript an audio file in the comfort of your browser.
- upload custom audio file by drag & drop
- play audio & write stuff
- comfortable hotkeys for play & pause, rewind & fast forward, set speed
- automatically store playhead position & transcript progress in localStorage
- count words
- download transcript as UTF-8 plaintext (Google Chrome only)
- smart progress bar with seeking
There's an instance running at http://mike.fi/litti/. Everything happens inside the browser, so if you find it useful, nothing prevents you from doing actual work with it. Have fun!
Tested and should work with an up-to-date Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, both on OS X and Windows.
More specifically, litti uses the following HTML5 features:
(If you were to serve the audio from the server in the src tag instead of letting the user upload it, you would need a HTTP server which supports HTTP 1.1 byte ranges to enable audio seeking — for lightweight development purposes, https://github.com/smgoller/rangehttpserver does it right!)
- browser support detection
- support for video transcripts?
- focus mode
Q. What's with the name and the logo?
A. Jari 'Litti' Litmanen has his own special way of doing a 'thumbs up'. Also, transscription is called litterointi in Finnish.