This tool was last run in mid-2006, Google Maps API details (and especially those relating to geocoding) might have changed since then.
To generate a new dataset
- mkdir data.n
- cp *.csv data.n/
- open http://persistent.info/overplot/tools/geocoder.html
- copy and paste the contents of locations.csv into the top box and press "Geocode"
- copy and paste bottom box into geocoded-locations.csv
- ./generate-json.py > web/quotes.js
To generate a new neighborhood
- Open tools/neighborhood.html
- Draw a neighborhood polygon (in clockwise order)
- Press export
- Copy the resulting point pairs to neighborhoods.csv
- Re-run ./generate-json.py (see above)