Design Hub Website
The first iteration of Pitt's Design Hub website. Design Hub is about students building solutions to real-world problems in and around the University of Pittsburgh. We are driven by design principles and strive for interdisciplinary collaboration and hands-on experiences. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're built on some cool HTML frameworks, with Python for the back-end. This website is open-source (license TBD). Design Hub logo created by Madhur Malhotra.
Thanks for contributing! See some resources below for gettings started. No prior experience needed.
- Git The SCM-client-of-choice for this project (and GitHub!). You may use the GitHub GUI (Windows / Mac) for this project, but command-line interfaces (CLI) are more OS-agnostic and generally better. Give it a demo here.
- A good text editor will make your life orders of magnitude better. Check out Sublime Text and Brackets, they both will help with file organization, syntax highlighting, and version control.
- Also consult the GitHub Guides, particularly the Understanding the GitHub Flow explanation.
- Python tutorial, Google App Engine (GAE)
- Skeleton documentation
- Font Awesome documentation
Editing the site
- Install Python 2.7
- Download and install Google App Engine SDK for Python
- Clone the repository from https://github.com/mike-u/DesignHubWeb