This project is no longer maintained. I suggest you use Visaul Studio Code. Don't let the
it's a code editor scare you off. It's accessable and very powerful (and cross platform!). There are several quality Markdown extensions that support many features not found in Markdown Edit.
Markdown Edit is a Windows desktop Markdown editor with an emphasis on content and keyboard shortcuts. There is minimal window chrome and most functions are accessed through keyboard shortcuts. There is no main menu, status bar, tabbed windows or other distractions.
Windows 7 - You're welcome to install MDE on Windows 7 but it's not supported. Some users have reported a font issue. The issue is cosmetic (some icons appear as blank squares). Read more and link to new font.
Obligatory Screen Shot
- Display Equation Markup
- Drag and Drop image uploads
- Document Formatting. Make your Markdown beautiful
- Syntax highlighting editor
- Side-by-side HTML preview
- Quickly show/hide preview
- Export to Word and PDF
- Smart link pasting
- CommonMark standard Markdown engine
- GitHub Flavored Markdown
- User preferences stored in a text file for easy sharing
- Full screen covers task-bar (optional)
- Keyboard shortcuts for bold, italic, headers, lists, block quotes, etc.
- User defined snippets improve the speed and proficiency of writing documents.
- Modern UI look and feel
- Not a Windows Store App
- Synchronized scrolling
- User settable fonts, colors, themes
- User defined style sheets
- As you type spell checking
- Paste Special replaces Microsoft Word's smart quotes/hyphens/etc. with plain text equivalents
- Quickly open recent files
- Quickly change themes
- Word Count
- Auto Save
- Select previous/next header
- Highlight current line
- Open Source
- MIT License
Markdown Edit's help has a more complete list of features/shortcuts