Zen Coding for Gedit
Zen Coding is a plugin for high-speed HTML, XML, XSL (or any other structured code format) coding and editing. The core of this plugin is a powerful abbreviation engine which allows you to expand expressions - similar to CSS selectors - into HTML code.
This plugin integrates Zen Coding into Gedit.
Zen Coding is a swiss army knife for common CSS and XHTML tasks. Read this for details. Note that almost every action highly depends on current caret position inside text editor.
With this plugin, you can:
- Expand abbreviation with
- Expand abbreviation as you type with
- Wrap with abbreviation with
- Balance tag inward or outward with
- Merge lines with
- Go to previous or next edit point with
- Remove tag with
- Split or join tags with
- Toggle comment with
Shortcuts can be changed in
zencoding/plugin.py to fit your needs.
- Download zip or tar source and unpack it.
- In Gedit, go to Edit → Preferences → Plugins to enable the plugin.
- Try it out using the shortcut keys listed above.