Zen Coding for Gedit
A new way of writing HTML and CSS code for Gedit.
Zen Coding is an editor plugin for high-speed HTML, XML, XSL (or any other structured code format) coding and editing. The core of this plugin is a powerful abbreviation engine which allows you to expand expressions—similar to CSS selectors—into HTML code.
This is a Gedit plugin that partially integrates Zen Coding into Gedit.
Zen Coding isn't only a decent abbreviations expander, but also a set of handy tools for common XHTML tasks. Read this page carefully to boost your productivity even more. Note that almost every action highly depends on current caret position inside text editor.
- Expand abbreviation with
- Wrap with abbreviation with
Ctrl+Shift+E(needs gcocoadialog, see Installation and Credits)
- Balance tag inward or outward with
- Merge lines with
- Go to previous or next edit point with
- Update tag image size with
Ctrl+Alt+S(needs ImageMagick, see Installation and Credits)
- Remove tag with
- Split or join lines with
- Toggle comment with
Menu entries are also available in the Edit menu.
Shortcuts can be changed in
~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/zencoding/plugin.py to fit your needs.
- Download source
- Unpack the
zencoding-gedit.pluginfile and the
- In order to use "Wrap with abbreviation", install
gcocoadialogusing these instructions.
- In order to use "Update tag image size", install
imagemagickusing your distribution's package manager.
- In Gedit, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Plugins to find and enable the plugin.
- Try it out!
- Sergey Chikuyonok - the music makers, the dreamers of the dream
- Mike Crittenden - the maintainer of the Gedit plugin
- Stuart Langridge - the original author of the Gedit plugin
- Mitchell Foral - the author of gcocoadialog
- ImageMagick Team - a software suite to create, edit, and compose bitmap images
- Franck Marcia - the author of this version of Gedit plugin