These are the slides for a presentation I give called Is your research software correct?. It grew from the ideas in my blog post at http://www.walkingrandomly.com/?p=5825
The latest version of the presentation can be viewed by going to http://mikecroucher.github.io/MLPM_talk/
Want me to give this talk at your institution?
I'm happy to travel to your instituion to give a version of this talk. All I ask for is travel expenses and the opportunity to talk to scientists and/or software/hardware geeks about Research Software Engineering before or afterwards. Please contact me to discuss this.
Reusing these slides
I'm happy for others to make use of these slides but would like to keep track of who's doing so for score-keeping purposes. If you've linked to the material or made use of it in your own presentation, please give me some details by making a Pull Request to the file derivative_work.md.
Previous events where I've given this talk:
- Workshop on Nordic Big Biomedical Data for Action in Stockholm, http://www.nordicehealth.se/2016/06/10/save-the-dates-for-workshop-on-nordic-big-biomedical-data-for-action/ (They got the version at https://github.com/mikecroucher/MLPM_talk/commit/6ebb71407b5ab3de74002c46694a5b160c0c1b6b)
- University of Edinburgh, As part of CoDiMa 2016 ,https://storify.com/CIRCA_StAndrews/codima-2016. (They got the version at https://github.com/mikecroucher/MLPM_talk/commit/0251b86d29a660efefa1d3c2bc2bb5e7b83b8973)
- Unversity of Notthingham - School of Mathematical Sciences, 2016. (They got the version at https://github.com/mikecroucher/MLPM_talk/commit/90e42c6dca774985cb6f30a14d28ccfc0503a63a)
- University of Exeter - Open Science Workshop at International Society for Behavioral Ecology 2016. http://www.isbe2016.com/. Symposium was https://malikaihle.wordpress.com/openscienceworkshop/ (They got the version at https://github.com/mikecroucher/MLPM_talk/commit/96b3911312df8e8498b738b8f68988cf267073d1)
- University of Lancaster - invited by James Hensman, 2016. (They got the version at https://github.com/mikecroucher/MLPM_talk/commit/cf58420269ddefdad9642bec938c3998cd611821)
- Data @ Sheffield: University of Sheffield, 2015 http://opendsi.cc/das2015/ - (They got the version at https://github.com/mikecroucher/MLPM_talk/commit/68331c762c7c916506ec7ced5fa30506e2e02c54)
- University of Southampton Computational Modelling Group - http://cmg.soton.ac.uk/events/event-857/ (they got the version at https://github.com/mikecroucher/MLPM_talk/commit/6bc0406177f0127c89fca3136ebf7fc43b5ba9fe )
- The 2015 Summer School for Machine Learning in Personalised Medicine in Manchester http://mlpm.eu/summer-school/summer-school-2015/talks-and-speakers/ (they got the version as of this commit - https://github.com/mikecroucher/MLPM_talk/commit/a3b6c79bf8b7297408aa543f6ce680dd4794537f )
The presentation uses Reveal.js and the source is available on the gh-pages branch of this repository.