Tmux remote pairing scripts
Just a set of scripts to help setup, attach to and shutdown a tmux session for remote rails pairing over ssh using VIM.
You will also need a /var/tmux folder with group permissions. Recommended route is to create a tmux group and add all users that will be sharing the session to it and then give group permissions to the folder.
- Clone to a folder anywhere you like
- run ./install.sh to create symlinks in /usr/local/bin
The host user starts the session from the rails project folder using tmux-start. This will create tmux server session called 'pairing' with four windows:-
- VIM - The coding window
- Server - The rails server running on port 3000
- Bash - A general usage bash shell
- Spork - A spork session to autorun the specs
The remote user can then ssh into the host machine and run tmux-attach.
Once the pairing session has finished run tmux-stop to kill the session and the server.