jquery.mentionsInput is a small, but awesome UI component that allows you to "@mention" someone in a text message, just like you are used to on Facebook or Twitter.
This project is currently unmaintained (Feb. 13 2013)
The newest work can be found in the 1.5-branch, but I haven't had the time to complete it.
I anyone is up for improving mentionsInput, then let me know firstname.lastname@example.org, and we figure something out.
To get started -- checkout http://podio.github.com/jquery-mentions-input
- Fix open issues.
- Seperate mentionsInput from jQuery, and expose as AMD/CJS module.
- Package component up for bower and components.
- Seperate autocompleter, so it's possible to use bootstrap, jquery, etc-autocompleters
- Define better interface to call methods.
- Add the option to have a hidden-input that contains the syntaxed-version, so it's easier to use out of the box.
- Add unit tests!