Lucee 5 Application Template for Heroku
Blank application template to deploy Lucee 5 apps on Heroku
Find this project useful? Show some love
- This project is based off of the offical Lucee Heroku Buildpack
To get started, run the following commands in GitBash (or your terminal of preference):
$ git clone https://github.com/mikesprague/lucee5-heroku.git $ cd lucee5-heroku $ mvn package $ foreman start
NOTE: On Windows, start foreman with the following command:
$ foreman start -f Procfile.dev
You should now have Lucee up and running at http://localhost:5000. Start adding your code.
To deploy your site to Heroku you need to setup a free Heroku account, install the Heroku toolbelt (Suggested reading: Getting Started with Java on Heroku). Then...
$ heroku apps:create [NAME] $ git push heroku master $ heroku open
You should now be looking at your app running on Heroku.
- If you need access to the admin, disable the first rule in urlrewrite.xml.
- Default password for web admins is
password. This should be changed to something secure before deploying your app.
- Make any settings (datasources, mail settings, etc.) changes you want locally via the web context, commit your changes and then deploy your app and they will also exist on Heroku.
- Better practice to add any settings changes, datasources, etc. via Application.cfc; use web context for changes if you must set them via Lucee Admin
- Server context will be overwritten on deploy, very important desired changes are made to web context if you wish to keep them
- If you get a Heroku application error try reloading the page. This is a known issue. I think the Lucee dependencies aren't quite ready when this happens, I need to look into it further.
Known Projects Using the Lucee 5 Application Template for Heroku
Have a project making use of this application template? Lem me know and I'll be happy to list it below!