This is an unofficial Ember Data Adapter and Serializer for Cloud Firestore. It's completely unrelated to EmberFire but its purpose is of the same.
- Customizable data structure - There's an opinionated default on how your data will be structured but there's enough API to make it fit to your existing ones
- Realtime bindings - Listen to realtime updates easily
- Authentication - Integrate Firebase Authentication powered by Ember Simple Auth
- FastBoot support - Perform server-side rendering to speed up your boot time
- Firebase Emulator - Develop and test your app using the Firebase Local Emulator Suite
Why Was This Built?
This was built becase EmberFire development is super slow or may even be abandoned by now.
In order to continue development with Ember and Cloud Firestore, I had to build this addon and opted to make it generic enough to be used by other developers too.
- Ember.js v3.16 or above
- Ember CLI v2.13 or above
- Node.js v10 or above
This addon requires some peer dependencies. Install the correct versions of each package, which are listed by the command:
npm info ember-cloud-firestore-adapter peerDependencies
Once you've installed it, you can now install the addon itself:
ember install ember-cloud-firestore-adapter
Checkout the docs here.
See the Contributing guide for details.
This project is licensed under the MIT License.