A simple email validation API.
Give us an email and we make sure its legit. If not, you'll find out why.
Check it out live at http://emailpie.com/
- Uses gevent for fastness.
- Normal regex based check.
- Ensures DNS records exist for the mail exchange.
- Suggest fixes to common misspellings. firstname.lastname@example.org -> did you mean email@example.com.
- Throttled requests by IP (redis based).
- TODO: Simple telnet check for IMAP or SMTP (http://www.webdigi.co.uk/blog/2009/how-to-check-if-an-email-address-exists-without-sending-an-email/)
- TODO: Fix timeout failure...
Make sure redis is installed and running on the standard ports!
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:bryanhelmig/emailpie.git
pip install -r requirements
- Visit http://localhost:email@example.com