node (w/ express) application version of my portfolio website, edited for github.
es6 js, sass, nodejs, express, handlebars, grunt, bower, npm
npm start will install all dependencies, run grunt, and start the node server
If you wish to do each command individually:
npm run packages
npm run build
npm run server
If you want to do development, run a simultaneous
grunt watch process or remember to run
grunt to compile new changes
site will be accessible at
the server runs on port 8000
node files are all inside
/app/, and so are all asset source files
all public-facing files are inside
/public/ and are generated by grunt during development
development is compiled with grunt tasks, which are defined inside the
vendor packages managed with bower
routes for each page are defined inside
/app/includes/config/ and executed inside
endpoints have been created to access portfolio items, run the email functionality, or display an image carousel
each page has its own respective js and css files, apart from globals
Files Not included in this Repository:
I have a few files ignored in the repository simply for the sake of keeping data private, as well as extraneous things that aren't necessarily needed for understanding or compiling the codebase.
This is not an exact replica of the codebase as it currently exists on my site but contains all the important bits.
- The Contact Form does not work because I have not included my email authentication file! It works on the live site if you want to try it out though =)
Updates to come:
- a fancy email template to be sent for when people actually use the contact form to contact me!
- v1.1.3 Skip links, meta descriptions for each page and portfolio item, image carousels, breadcrumbs, an error 404 page, and print styles.
- v1.1.2 Introducing the Blog section, new 404 error page, css print styles, updating package dependency versions, slightly refactored Grunt setup, misc cleanups. Plus, gzip compression
- v1.0.0 Node version released!!