Better reader mode
Min has always had the ability to open pages in reader mode by clicking on the icon next to a tab, which reduces distractions, allows pages to load faster, and stops many common forms of tracking. Starting in this release, reader mode is more accurate at determining which parts of a page to include and which to leave out, and includes a sepia theme to make it easier to read for long periods. Additionally, Min now lets you automatically open pages on a site in reader mode, without having to click a button for every article you want to read.
After the second time you open an article from a site in reader mode, you'll be asked whether you want to turn it on automatically, or you can enable reader mode at any time by clicking on the gear icon in the upper-right corner:
Easier installation on Windows
Previously, running Min on Windows meant downloading a folder full of files, which was often confusing to use. Starting in this release, Min can now be installed by running a single installer, which is easier and simpler to run.
- Added Ukranian (by @Sestowner)
Updated translations for several languages:
- Polish (by @JB1905)
- French (by @PoorPocketsMcNewHold)
- Hungarian (by @gergo85)
- Portuguese (by @smarquespt)
- Lithuanian (by @welaq)
- Added a
!closetaskcommand to close tasks (by @brakkum)
- The task overlay now scrolls up or down when you drag a tab near the edge of the screen.
- You can now use the tab key to navigate through the tab overlay.
In this release, you'll also see an option to take a survey about how you use the tasks feature. The results of this survey will help improve the way tasks work; if you have any other ideas, you can also provide feedback here.
- Content blocking is now around 3x faster.
- You can now delete invididual history items and bookmarks after opening the respective lists (from the view menu).
- Removed the preference to disable swipe navigation.
- If you have issues accidentaly going backwards or forwards in this release, please create a new issue here.
- Fixed an issue where the browser would freeze while entering fullscreen mode.
- Fixed an issue where opening a link would not work correctly when Min is set as the default browser.
- Upgraded to Electron 5 / Chromium 73.