This simple script automates the process of firmware emulation through firmadyne and it is very useful when you just want to emulate a firmware without storing any kind of logs or information.
The main features of this tool are the following:
- Takes as input a file and try to extract and emulate the firmware inside using the scripts provided by firmadyne.
- Provides a verbose mode with
-vargument in order to show firmadyne script output
- Does not use firmadyne database.
- Does not save any file inside firmadyne directory in order to prevent any inconsistency state if used before or after a normal firmadyne execution.
- Following all the steps to install firmadyne as shown here.
- Clone this repository and then copy
firmadyne_launcher.shinside firmadyne folder.
git clone https://github.com/mindedsecurity/firmadyne-launcher.git cp firmadyne-launcher/firmadyne_launcher.sh firmadyne/ chmod +x firmadyne/firmadyne_launcher.sh
cd firmadyne ./firmadyne_launcher.sh firmware.zip
If you want to try firmadyne and firmadyne-launcher, you can use the following firmwares as test cases: