Please sign in to comment.
This commit does not belong to any branch on this repository, and may belong to a fork outside of the repository.
Distribute shadow map update over multiple frames to reduce stutter (#…
…11422) Reduces stutter and freezes when playing. * Maintains double SM and SM Color textures * Light frustum update triggers incremental generation of shadow map into secondary 'future' textures. * Every incremental update renders a portion of the shadow draw list (split equally). * After defined number of frames (currently, 4), 'future' and 'current' textures are swapped, and DirectionalLight 'commits' the new frustum to use when rendering shadows on screen. Co-authored-by: sfan5 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Loading branch information
Showing with 225 additions and 73 deletions.
- +5 −5 builtin/settingtypes.txt
- +5 −5 client/shaders/nodes_shader/opengl_fragment.glsl
- +24 −1 src/client/clientmap.cpp
- +1 −1 src/client/clientmap.h
- +3 −14 src/client/game.cpp
- +46 −14 src/client/shadows/dynamicshadows.cpp
- +8 −1 src/client/shadows/dynamicshadows.h
- +127 −29 src/client/shadows/dynamicshadowsrender.cpp
- +5 −2 src/client/shadows/dynamicshadowsrender.h
- +1 −1 src/defaultsettings.cpp
There are no files selected for viewing
Oops, something went wrong.