Join GitHub today
Mininet Apps and Tools
A variety of useful applications and systems have been implemented using Mininet. Please feel free to add your own to this page.
(also see Mininet-Community-Extensions-and-Packages)
The Mininet source code includes a variety of useful examples of using the Python API.
GUI - Automatic Creation of Mininet Scripts
- Visual Network Description - VND (http://www.ramonfontes.com/vnd) - A GUI tool that allows automatic creation of Mininet and Openflow Controllers Scripts.
GUI - MiniEdit
- An evolution of the miniedit.py example script included with Mininet. Add all kinds of capabilities to new controller, host, switch and link options.
- Give you the option to save you topology and also export as a Mininet python script.
Included in Mininet in the
Mininet Topology Visualizer
- Online tool to visualize the topology generated by Mininet.
- Use dump and links commands in Mininet console. Paste the result into the tool and press Render Graph
Network Namespace-aware Bandwidth Monitor
- A patched version of Volker Gropps Bandwidth Monitor NG aka
- Enables users to monitor the throughput of network interfaces in multiple network namespaces (e.g. Mininet hosts) at the same time
- Especially useful when using Mininet with routers