Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Old Feature Requests
- configurable xterm spawning, or at minimum, spawn a single xterm from the CLI
- option to daemonize run script
- add SSHD test to CLI to, say, run hostname via SSH and grab the output
- start/stop switches in order
- set/add configurable max_backoff on switches
- print dpid via nodeid function from topo?
- extract default port from openflow.h
- split --mac setting into host and switches
- add get_connected_hosts function to topo
- print average ping time from regression test
- API documentation (comment re-uglification filter + doxypy + upload to wiki)
- clean up params in Mininet.init
- add ports() call to just call port() twice and return the tuple
- reconsider the functions in Node; split some into a Port object, others to a NamespaceHost, others to ProcessNode?
- check all uses of send; make as many of these into named functions as possible; should simplify porting to remote usage [Why does this help? -BL]
- NetCLI? separate out the control from creation aspects? [I say just fix the CLI, and do proxies if desired. However, we will do a CLI for cluster edition. -BL]
- dpid naming could really be redone - rename as an id, or nodeid, or something else. [I have my doubts about dpids -BL]
- consider multithread setup and cleanup [Probably won't help, but you never know. -BL]
- Add host log. Namespaces all share the same history; would be useful to a have h0.log. Not sure if this is possible. Maybe tee std output to a file, and have a separate input log?
- Increase inactivity timer to clean up debug log output with nox
- Support multiple controllers
- Support distributed operation: mix of physical and virtual ports.
- ensure controller is dead at the start?
- Generalize the Port object; enable non-config or already-configured ports. Plus add up/down methods.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.