Setup your mc Github Repository
Fork mc upstream source repository to your own personal repository.
$ mkdir -p $GOPATH/src/github.com/minio $ cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/minio $ git clone https://github.com/$USER_ID/mc $ cd mc $ make $ mc --help
mc welcomes your contribution. To make the process as seamless as possible, we ask for the following:
Go ahead and fork the project and make your changes. We encourage pull requests to discuss code changes.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
If you have additional dependencies for
mcmanages its dependencies using govendor
go get foo/bar
- Edit your code to import foo/bar
make pkg-add PKG=foo/barfrom top-level folder
If you have dependencies which needs to be removed from
- Edit your code to not import foo/bar
make pkg-remove PKG=foo/barfrom top-level folder
When you're ready to create a pull request, be sure to:
- Have test cases for the new code. If you have questions about how to do it, please ask in your pull request.
- Squash your commits into a single commit.
git rebase -i. It's okay to force update your pull request.
- Make sure
Read Effective Go article from Golang project
mcproject is conformant with Golang style
- if you happen to observe offending code, please feel free to send a pull request