minio-go welcomes your contribution. To make the process as seamless as possible, we ask for the following:
Go ahead and fork the project and make your changes. We encourage pull requests to discuss code changes.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
When you're ready to create a pull request, be sure to:
- Have test cases for the new code. If you have questions about how to do it, please ask in your pull request.
- Squash your commits into a single commit.
git rebase -i. It's okay to force update your pull request.
- Make sure
go test -race ./...and
go buildcompletes. NOTE: go test runs functional tests and requires you to have a AWS S3 account. Set them as environment variables
SECRET_KEY. To run shorter version of the tests please use
go test -short -race ./...
Read Effective Go article from Golang project
minio-goproject is strictly conformant with Golang style
- if you happen to observe offending code, please feel free to send a pull request