Minio Gateway adds Amazon S3 compatibility to Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage.
Run Minio Gateway for Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
Please follow this guide to create an account on backblaze.com to obtain your access credentials for B2 Cloud storage.
docker run -p 9000:9000 --name b2-s3 \ -e "MINIO_ACCESS_KEY=b2_account_id" \ -e "MINIO_SECRET_KEY=b2_application_key" \ minio/minio gateway b2
export MINIO_ACCESS_KEY=b2_account_id export MINIO_SECRET_KEY=b2_application_key minio gateway b2
Test using Minio Browser
Minio Gateway comes with an embedded web based object browser. Point your web browser to http://127.0.0.1:9000 to ensure that your server has started successfully.
Test using Minio Client
mc provides a modern alternative to UNIX commands such as ls, cat, cp, mirror, diff etc. It supports filesystems and Amazon S3 compatible cloud storage services.
mc config host add myb2 http://gateway-ip:9000 b2_account_id b2_application_key
List buckets on Backblaze B2
mc ls myb2 [2017-02-22 01:50:43 PST] 0B ferenginar/ [2017-02-26 21:43:51 PST] 0B my-bucket/ [2017-02-26 22:10:11 PST] 0B test-bucket1/
Gateway inherits the following B2 limitations:
- No support for CopyObject S3 API (There are no equivalent APIs available on Backblaze B2).
- No support for CopyObjectPart S3 API (There are no equivalent APIs available on Backblaze B2).
- Only read-only bucket policy supported at bucket level, all other variations will return API Notimplemented error.
- DeleteObject() might not delete the object right away on Backblaze B2, so you might see the object immediately after a Delete request.
- Bucket notification APIs are not supported.