A command line tool for checking your website for GDPR compliance.
For more information about the GDPR please visit eugdpr.org!
GDPR CLI is a easy-to-use command line tool for checking any given website for GDPR compliance. Since it is based on Node.js, the application is browser- and OS-independant. For everyone, who hasn't installed Node.js, I have planned to publish a pre-installed Package für macOS and Windows as well.
Neither I nor this program are giving any legal advice. GDPR CLI can not assist you with your website administration or the preperation of legal documents such as an imprint or a privacy notice. It simply helps you by (unobtrusively) revealing possible security flaws, which could affect the data securitiy of any visitor of your website. For more information please consult your lawyer.
npm install -g gdpr-cli
yarn it is just as easy as that:
yarn global add gdpr-cli
That's all - have fun!
The basic usage for this command line tool is:
gdpr scan https://your-website.com
There are some options already, but they still need some improvement. I will update these usage instructions frequently. Stay tuned!
- Create the basic structure with an easy UI and a flexible Task manager
- Get some basic information about the website (Meta Data)
- Check the installed Software
- Detect Theme when WordPress is installed
- Check SSL Certificate
- Check for Web Fonts
- Google Fonts
- Adobe Typekit
- Local Fonts
- Check for DNS Prefetching
- Check for Analytics Tools
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Matomo / Piwik
- WordPress Stats (Jetpack)
- Check for Image Embeds
- Check for Music Embeds
- Check for Video Embeds
- Check for CDNs (e.g. WordPress, Cloudflase, AWS)
- Check for Cookies (if it's even possible)
- Check for advanced Fingerprinting (if possible)
Please report issues/bugs, feature requests and suggestions for improvements to the issue tracker.
You're welcome to fork the project and send me suggestions and new features via pull request. Please read the contribution guidelines and send pull requests only to the newly installed