Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Welcome to the Summer 2018 release of Saleor! Read on to get the lowdown on the changes that we bring you this month.
Dashboard 2.0 - product management views
This month we proudly present to you a preview of the single-page dashboard that we've been working on over the last few months. During this time we built an entirely new stack based on GraphQL, Typescript, Apollo and React and gave our dashboard a refreshed look. Although there are still many things to do, we want to share with you our progress and show you the direction we're going. Enjoy!
Note: the current Django-based dashboard is still the default one and will be fully supported while the new one is under construction.
In this release, we have refactored the shipping management by introducing shipping zones. With this approach, you have to first create a zone by choosing countries to which you ship items. Next, you can add shipping methods available for customers from those countries along with the rates. This update also includes enhancements in the ways of defining shipping costs. Additionally to fixed rates, we have added weight-based costs and free shipping.
Simplified permission management
Permission management is an essential part of any dashboard, especially in the field of e-commerce. With this release, we've decided to simplify the way permissions are assigned to users. To begin with, we dropped the permission groups in favor of assigning permissions directly to users. On top of that, we reduced the number of available permissions - instead of having separate "view" and "edit" permissions, there is now one general permission allowing access to a particular section of the dashboard.
Model translations have been a long-awaited feature in Saleor and we have finally made the first steps to support it. We've introduced a mechanism allowing you to provide translations for selected fields in your models. At this stage, it's only accessible through the Python code, but don’t fret the GraphQL API and dashboard views will be added in future releases. See the docs for details.
- Update backend dependencies and drop support for Python 3.4 (in anticipation for Django 2.1 that doesn't support this Python version) - #2601 by @patrys
- Display appropriate images for variants - #2519 by @Pacu2 & @Satloff
- Homepage products as a collection - #2531 by @oldPadavan
- Refactor customer notes in checkout - #2465 by @oldPadavan
- Ability to clear the whole cart - #2468 by @tomcio1205
MoneyFieldJSON serializable - #2450 by @oldPadavan
- Celery support on Heroku - #2432 by @jxltom
- Add collections to sale - #2426 by @Pacu2
- Refactor Sales & Vouchers - #2422 by @Pacu2
- Only load raven if configured - #2404 by @NyanKiyoshi
- Add a request history panel to the debug toolbar - #2271 by @NyanKiyoshi
docker-compose.ymlfile - #2622, #2696, #2695 by @stephenmoloney
- Add placeholders in address form fields - #2569 by @tomcio1205
- Update documentation and README - #2656, #2654 by @NyanKiyoshi
- Address mutations - #2446 by @oldPadavan
- Variant images mutations - #2543 by @maarcingebala
- Update variant name when changing attributes - #2397 by @akjanik
- Improve error handling in mutations - #2449 by @akjanik
- Query to fetch site settings - #2487 by @maarcingebala
- Mutation to reset user password - #2452 by @oldPadavan
- Match the proper size of image thumbnails in image queries - #2496 by @oldPadavan
- Validate MIME type in product upload mutation - #2427 by @oldPadavan
numberin Order type - #2709 by @patrys
- Add mutations to update shop settings - #2728 by @artursmet
- Add API endpoint with list of goods applicable for reduced tax rate - #2715 by @artursmet
totalAuthorizedfield and rename
totalCaptured- #2763 by @patrys
- Fix missing translations in the dashboard - #2439 by @NyanKiyoshi
- Fix an invalid code block in the taxes guide - #2437 by @NyanKiyoshi
- Fix generating negative margins in
populatedbcommand - #2409 by @oldPadavan
- Fix disappearing link to clear filters - #2469 by @zdpx
- Fix order of translated country choices - #2482 by @Pacu2
- Fix including category image in the OpenGraph meta tag - #2494 by @NyanKiyoshi
- Fix language picker rendering issues - #2483 by @Pacu2
- Fix storefront order details page crashing when variant was deleted - #2504 by @NyanKiyoshi
- Fix invalid HTML structure in the navigation component - #2535 by @NyanKiyoshi
- Fix and make the menu migration independent from future changes - #2532 by @NyanKiyoshi
- Fix static URLs for a public path with a custom path and templates statics - #2534 by @NyanKiyoshi
- Do not set
cached_dbas a session engine when
locmemcache is used - #2431 by @jxltom
- Send payment notification on payment status change - #2711 by @BenSturmfels
Our work on Saleor is now crossing over multiple fields. On the horizon for the upcoming months Dashboard 2.0 remains our primary objective. But in addition to that we have started building the foundation for the new storefront - this will utilize PWA technology and new payment modules. Simultaneously, our backend team is focusing on optimizing and improving the GraphQL API. As usual, remember to check out our roadmaps on Github.
A big thank you
For those of you who are interested in contributing to the project, we prepared a bunch of issues labeled as help wanted. Don't worry if you don't fully understand the problem - our team will try to guide you and answer all your questions.
See the blog post about this release on our blog!