PROJECT 2 GOOGLE BOOK API
Google Book API about:
This is my second project! I am a little proud at how far I came with it. I wish the database system worked. Between my backend and mongoDB I ran errors left and right. I tried to use the unicorn demo from class to help me. But it didn't help. It gave me errors as I fiddled with peices. Either way, I personally feel like I have come a lot further from last project.
This is a fullstack web app that uses a single API. There is a backend server, a frontend server and a NoSql database. (Mongo)
The API's are from: https://developers.google.com/
- Search & Grab books. (get prices, short descriptions and the author of the book)
- Save books you like or change your mind and delete the ones you don't.
- Share books with friends, even if they are on this app via email.
- The User can search for a book by Title & Author*
- All searched for book are appended to the DOM.
- CRUD actions for Book
- Mailto button created*
Glitches & Issues:
- Searching for Author's returns errors. But you can use the drop down search book title with the Author's name it'll return something.
- I don't see where books are being favorited. There is a DB. However, it's showing activity in the console for CRUD features.
- There is a share/mailto button, but it's not functional and returned errs as well.