Swaggy Bastard Theme for Ghost
A free boilerplate responsive theme for Ghost blogging platform.
Swaggy Bastard is a fork of Bastard! It mostly contains UI changes to make the theme look a lighter.
A demo can be seen here. swag.gferreira.me
You can download the theme by clicking Download Zip
Using Bastard Theme
- Copy the theme folder inside
- Restart Ghost and then go to Ghost's Settings (http://your.domain.com/ghost/settings/general/). Choose "Swaggy Bastard" from the theme dropdown menu and save your changes.
- Optionally, you can update the background cover with your own image to replace the default cover image.
- Have fun :)
Customising Bastard Theme
sass/* files. Run
grunt to compile your changes or use the
grunt watch while you build your own theme.
- Make sure you have Node.js, Bower and Grunt installed on your system.
- Copy theme folder to Ghost themes directory
/content/themes. Open your terminal and make the theme's folder your current working directory.
bower installto install package dependencies.
npm installto install Grunt components.
- Restart Ghost and switch the theme to use
Swaggy Bastardin the Ghost's Settings.
- Make your changes by updating
*.hbsfiles of the theme.
grunt watchto start watching for file changes or run
gruntto build your latest changes.
- If you have new images for the theme, just place them inside
image_sourcesfolder and Grunt will handle the optimisation automatically and store the optimized version inside
- Update the social media icon links by updating
- Update gravatar by updating URL in
Resources & Dependencies
- Bootstrap Sass
- Font Awesome Icons
- Bower: A package manager for the web
- Sass - Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets
- HighlightJs - Syntax highlighting for the Web
- FitVids.Js - A lightweight, easy-to-use jQuery plugin for fluid width video embeds