hexwall.R file contains one function
hexwall(), which can be used to generate an image that neatly arranges a folder of hexagons. It makes use of the ImageMagick library via the ROpenSci package magick to arrange the images.
There are several arguments allowing some control over the function's operation.
- path: The path to a folder of hexagon stickers (png files are recommended)
- sticker_row_size: The number of stickers in the longest row
- sticker_width: The width of each sticker in pixels
- remove_small: Should hexagons smaller than the sticker_width be removed?
- remove_size: Should hexagons of an abnormal size be removed?
- coords: A data.frame of coordinates defining the placement of hexagons
- scale_coords: Should the coordinates be scaled to the hexagon size?
- sort_mode: How should the files be sorted?
source("hexwall.R") #> Linking to ImageMagick 22.214.171.124 #> Enabled features: fontconfig, freetype, fftw, lcms, pango, x11 #> Disabled features: cairo, ghostscript, rsvg, webp hexwall("samplehex", sticker_row_size = 3, sticker_width = 200)
- Download the repository
- Unzip and open the R project (
- Ready to go, use the
hexwall()function to make your hexagon wall.