Armadillo UI For GNU/Social!
Armadillo is an add-on plugin for Qvitter to allow users to switch between Qvitter and Mastodon-like interfaces on demand.
- At least GNU/Social(1.2.0+) or postActiv(1.0.3-dev)
- Working install of Qvitter on the instance
git clone https://github.com/mitchellurgero/armadilloin you instance's root plugin directory (Like
/var/www/html/pluginsas an example)
- Open config.json and specify the URL with
- open the folder in your browser and away you go!
Some configuration options are obvious, but I will briefly explain them here.
|server||The server that armadillo connects to, no http/https and no following "/"|
|locked||This is a legacy option, just ignore it|
|background||This should be the link to the background image you want to use, it is relative to the directory that armadillo.html is in|
|firstTag/secondTag||The tag lines at the top of the armadillo UI|
|owner||Your owner information, put any HTML here, but you need to escape special chars. like '"' and ''|
|color options||use your own colors for the UI|
Switching to Armadillo
- In the top menu for Qvitter, select "Classic 'instance name'"
- Then once in "classic" UI select "Switch to Armadillo UI" to load Armadillo.
Notes: In your profile settings there is stuff to auto load Armadillo UI in there, however - I am still looking for a way to override qvitter's bullshit.