Moon Powered CMS!
What is Artemis?
- Markdown Processing (Including Markdown Extra)
- Inline HTML supported
- Easy drag-and-drop install
- Lightweight (Can even be hosted on Raspberry Pi Zero's, free hosting, etc.)
- Fancy URLS (Requires Apache Rewrite Module!)
- Clone or download this repository
- Put all files into your web root on your web server. This can be in a sub directory as well.
- Copy config.example.php to config.php (
cp config.example.php config.php)
- Edit config.php to your liking.
Artemis supports basic Bootstrap 4 themes, a few have been included from bootswatch however, you can make your own so long as it's a self-sustained single bootstrap.css file.
Custom themes can go in the
Creating new pages
New pages are pretty easy to create. Just make a new file anywhere under
app/pages and it is accessible via Artemis. These files may be in sub-folders as well. Pages can be Markdown or HTML and follow a basic layout.
The following displays the bare minimum for a page to function properly:
--- title = Example date = November 2nd, 2019 desc = Example Page author = John Smith --- ## Example Page This is an example page.
The part of the page in the "---" section is an ini formatted configuration. For now this stores basic information for SEO and for some backend stuff as well.
Pages can also be in sub-folders. If you want to link to a folder instead of a page file, you can use
index.md files (formatted the same as normal pages) as if it was an index.html file. See the example
app/pages/folder1 folder for how it should look.
Linking to other pages
If you need to link to other pages from another page it should follow the full url for the site instead of just a file path.
<a href="https://example.com/link1.md">Link 1</a>