Another Qt installer(aqt)
|Jobs||Mac Linux Windows Mirror||Release Status|
This is an utility replacing the official graphical Qt installer. It can automatically download prebuilt Qt binaries for any target (you're not bound to Linux binaries on Linux; you could also download iOS binaries). It's working with Python > 3.5 on Linux, OS X and Windows. It is required to install 7zip utility in your platform.
License and copyright
This program is distributed under MIT license.
Qt SDK and its related files are under its licenses. When using aqtinstall, you are considered to agree upon Qt licenses. aqtinstall installs Qt SDK as of a (L)GPL Free Software.
Same as usual, it can be installed with pip
$ pip install aqtinstall
General usage looks like this:
aqt [-h][--help][-O | --outputdir <directory>][-b | --base <mirror url>][-E | --external <7zip command>] \ install <qt-version> <host> <target> [<arch>] [-m all | -m [extra module] [extra module]...]
python -m aqt [-h][--help][-O | --outputdir <directory>][-b | --base <mirror url>][-E | --external <7zip command>] \ install <qt-version> <host> <target> [<arch>] [-m all | -m [extra module] [extra module]...]
- The Qt version is formatted like this: 5.11.3
- Host is one of: linux, mac, windows
- Target is one of: desktop, android, ios (iOS only works with mac host)
- For some platforms you also need to specify an arch:
- For windows, choose one of: win64_msvc2017_64, win32_msvc2017, win64_msvc2015_64, win32_msvc2015, win64_mingw73, win32_mingw73, win64_mingw53, win32_mingw53, win64_msvc2017_winrt_x64, win64_msvc2017_winrt_x86, win64_msvc2017_winrt_armv7
- For android and Qt 5.13 or below, choose one of: android_x86_64, android_arm64_v8a, android_x86, android_armv7
- You can specify external 7zip command path instead of built-in extractor.
- When specify all for extra modules option '-m' all extra modules are installed.
python -m aqt [-h][--help][-O | --outputdir <directory>][-b | --base <mirror url>][-E | --external <7zip command>] \ tool <host> <tool_name> <tool-version> <arch>
- tool_name is one of tools_ifw, tools_vcredist, and tools_openssl.
- arch is full qualified tool name such as qt.tools.ifw.31
The Qt packages are installed under current directory as such Qt/<ver>/gcc_64/ If you want to install it in C:Qt as same as standard gui installer default, run such as follows:
C:\> mkdir Qt C:\> aqt install --outputdir c:\Qt 5.11.3 windows desktop win64_msvc2017_64
Example: Installing Qt SDK 5.12.0 for Linux with QtCharts and QtNetworkAuth:
pip install aqtinstall sudo aqt install --outputdir /opt 5.12.0 linux desktop -m qcharts qtnetworkauth
Example: Installing Android (armv7) Qt 5.10.2:
aqt install 5.10.2 linux android android_armv7
Example: Install Install FrameWork(IFW):
aqt tool linux tools_ifw 3.1.1 qt.tools.ifw.31
Example: Install vcredist:
C:\ aqt tool windows tools_vcredist 2019-02-13-1 qt.tools.vcredist_msvc2017_x64 C:\ .\Qt\Tools\vcredist\vcredist_msvc2017_x64.exe /norestart /q
Example: Install OpenSSL:
C:\ aqt tool windows tools_openssl 1.1.1-1 qt.tools.openssl.win_x64
Example: Show help message
Supported CI platform
There are no limitation for CI platform but currently it is tested on Azure Pipelines.
- GitHub Actions with AqtInstall: https://github.com/jurplel/install-qt-action
This program is originally shown in Kaidan project as a name qli-installer. A project aqtinstall extend the original to run with standard python features with Linux, Mac and Windows, to be tested on CI platform, and to improve performance with a concurrent downloading.