Clone it. Extend it. Sell it.
Wireframe Theme is an OOP WordPress parent theme boilerplate. Wireframe Theme enables WordPress Developers to rapidly wire GPL and WordPress Coding Standards compliant themes for professional client projects or for selling premium themes in any marketplace.
Table of Contents
- Created by: Tada Burke
- Maintained by: MixaTheme
- Phase: Beta-1
- Version: 0.1.0
- Tested: WordPress 4.9, PHP 7.1, all modern browsers.
Wireframe Theme encourages Developers to use the requirements listed below, but this is ultimately up to each Developer or Team. Due to the rapid advancement of tech these days, Wireframe Theme will generally support software no more than 2 major point releases behind.
- LAMP, LEMP or any server running PHP, MySQL or MariaDB. Nginx is highly recommended.
- PHP version 5.6 or greater. PHP 7.0+ is highly recommended.
- MySQL version 5.5 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.
- WordPress version 4.8.1 or greater.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Wordpress Codex, Theme Development and Plugin Development.
Points Of Interest
Wireframe Theme takes a unique approach to WordPress theme development...
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Inversion of Control (IoC)
- Dependency Injection (DI)
- DRY principles.
- PHP Namespaces.
- PSR-4 PHP Standards Recommendations.
- Bootstrapping functions.php.
- Composer dependency management for autloading.
- WordPress Coding Standards compliance.
Wireframe Theme may or may not be a good fit for your next project. Please take a look at the Requirements, Wiki, Issues and source code to get a feel if Wireframe Theme is what you're looking for.
Various components & modules may use different licenses due to certain library dependencies. For example: Wireframe Child theme must be GPL-3.0+ because it uses Bootstrap, but Wireframe Theme is still licensed under GPL-2.0 or greater.
Have a question? Head on over to the Wiki first. Then, head on over to the Issues and start a new thread.
📚Wiki - View some FAQs before you open an Issue.
- Issues - Start a new relevant discussion or open an Issue.
💡Issues - Volunteer and help other Developers. 🌏Translation - Help translate into your language.
- Pull Requests - Help make Wireframe Theme better.
🐞Report A Bug - Help us squash unruly bugs. 🎁Donate via PayPal - Or purchase any of our commercial products. Thank you, every bit helps! ❌Do not report vulnerabilities publicly. Please use the contact form on our website. Thanks.
- Underscores - Some code inspired by _s theme from Automattic.
- TwentySixteen - Some code inspired by TwentySixteen theme by Automattic.
- TwentySeventeen - Some code inspired by TwentySeventeen theme by Automattic.
Please verify GPL-compatible licenses when you package your Wireframe products.
This software is licensed under GPL-2.0+ ( see LICENSE ).
This software is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this software. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
More free and commercial open-source software by MixaTheme...
Wireframe is a suite of free object-oriented components for creating modular WordPress themes & plugins. You extend Wireframe to deliver professional client projects or for selling premium marketplace products to the world.
Frustrated buying dozens of throwaway themes? Love Bootstrap, Foundation, HTML5 Boilerplate, Skeleton but wanna test drive Neat, Susy, Material UI, Unsemantic, Ink, Kube, Bulma, etc? Mainframe is our flagship smart theme for WordPress! Use any grid. Use any front-end framework. Use your creativity in one single theme.