This codebase contains the Nokia MixRadio C# SDK.
The Nokia MixRadio C# SDK (formally the Nokia Music SDK) lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone with Nokia MixRadio on Nokia Lumia phones or your Windows 8 applicaton with Nokia MixRadio on Windows 8. The API offers two levels of integration; the simplest and quickest to get going is to use the high-level Launcher Tasks, with more advanced integration available to perform searches and get recommendations within your app.
The Nokia MixRadio C# SDK is released under the 3-clause license ("New BSD License" or "Modified BSD License") - see https://raw.github.com/mixradio/wp-api-client/master/LICENSE.txt.
- 3.2.0 - Added BPM property to Product object and SearchBpmAsync to find tracks by Beats Per Minute. Fixed exception throwing in CountryResolver.CheckAvailabilityAsync when there is no connection.
- 3.1.5 - More web fallback improvements
- 3.1.4 - More web fallback improvements, added GetMixAsync to get details of a mix by id
- 3.1.3 - Added AppToAppPlayUri and WebPlayUri properties to Artist to enable playback of Artist mixes on the web, also enabling artist mixes on non-Nokia devices via the PlayMixTask. Merged in Win8 compiler directive change from https://github.com/mixradio/wp-api-client/pull/4
- 3.1.0 - Adding WebUri property to Artist, Product and Mix for web fallback on non-Nokia WP8 devices and linking. Other minor few bug fixes to sorting. Renamed test app to new brand.
- 3.0.0 - Added PCL project, added user data APIs and OAuth2 support for Wp8/Win8, added sorting for Search and GetArtistProducts, dropped support for Windows Phone 7, removed SearchGenre method (replaced with genreId param in Search method), updated to latest Json.Net
- 2.4.0 - Added support for .Net 4 projects, added SearchGenre method, fixed PlayMixTask for artists with & in the name, enabled ShowProductTask / Product.Show for Win8 now Nokia Music 1.2 supports product views.
- 2.3.0 - Fix to ensure GZip enabled only for Nokia Music domains rather than all.
- 2.2.0 - NuGet package fixes for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7.
- 2.1.0 - Added various artists flag, release date and label to the product object, removed source-based GZip in favour of SharpGIS.GZipWebClient for Windows Phone
- 2.0.0 - Added support for Nokia Music on Windows 8. The Nokia.Music.Phone namespace has changed to Nokia.Music, the async MusicClientAsync methods have merged into MusicClient correcting the naming convention used, we've added sample clip and genre chart functionality.
- 1.1.0 - A tidy-up release. We have removed optional paging parameters that had incorrectly been included on the GetMixes and GetProduct methods and removed some unneeded properties from the Location type.
- 1.0.9 - Added Name to Artist Origin object, added AppToAppUri properties to Artist, Mix and Product
- 1.0.8 - Added GetProduct and GetSimilarProducts
- 1.0.7 - Added Gzip support
- 1.0.6 - Fixed MusicSearchTask bug where searching artists with spaces did not work, added LocationConverter for working with Maps control, added exclusiveTag for exclusive mixes
- 1.0.5 - Added RequestTimeout property to client, fix for location search querystring formatting
- 1.0.4 - Added Thumb50 property for Artist, Mix and Product types; Added location-based search
- 1.0.3 - Added Search Suggestions for artists and products
- 1.0.2 - Initial Release
The launcher APIs in Windows Phone allow an application to integrate with common operating system tasks such as taking a picture, finding an address or a contact, making a call, or saving a ring tone with very little effort.
With the high-level Launchers, you can perform the following using the new app-to-app APIs that Nokia MixRadio supports on Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8:
- Launch the Nokia MixRadio app
- Search for music
- Show Artist details
- Show Gigs nearby
- Show available mixes
- Show product details
- Play a mix
With the lower-level API access, you get more control and can perform the following use cases within your app:
- Search for content
- Get top artists
- Get charts
- Get new releases
- Get a list of genres
- Get albums and tracks by an artist
- Get artist recommendations
- Get a list of available mixes
New in v3.x, you can access user data (provided the user authorises your app!):
- Read the user's play history
- Read the user's top artists
The documentation for this component is at http://nokia.ly/wpmusicapidoc
We're proud to build on the shoulders of the following giants...
- JSON.Net for JSON parsing
- NUnit for unit testing
- OpenCover and ReportGenerator for unit test coverage
- StyleCop for keeping the code in order
- SharpGIS.GZipWebClient for GZIP compression on Windows Phone
The projects make use of NuGet to install these components at build time.
- Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Phone 8 / Windows 8 development
If you want to contribute to the project, check out the Issues tab.
- Raise an issue
- Suggest a feature for the application
Feeling like writing some code? Why not take the next step:
- Fork the repository
- Make the changes to the codebase
- Send a pull request once you're happy with it
The team will then review the changes, discuss if anything needs to be addressed, and integrate your changes back into the application.