NEW: Upgraded to support Kohana 3.1.x! Thank you gartz for this! If you need KO 3.0.x support, use the Feb 27th version.
Most recent, detailed tutorial - note, documentation still needs an update:
Earlier writing about Kohana auth:
- Kohana 3 auth sample implementation and documentation
- Kohana 3 auth: the auth module functionality
- Step-by-step guide to getting started with Kohana 3 auth
- Regular Kohana user account registration
- Facebook (OAuth v2.0)
- Twitter (OAuth v1.0)
- Google (OpenID)
- Yahoo (OpenID)
- Core: Auth, ORM, Database
- Core (but not included by default in KO 3.1): pagination
- Other: kohana-email, kohana-oauth, fleepme-unittest.
I would like to thank:
- jnbdz for adding the reCaptcha support.
- gartz for doing upgrading the module to support Kohana 3.1.x.
March 19th 2011:
- Upgraded to support Kohana 3.1.x! Thanks gartz!
- Testing various actions to ensure KO 3.1.2 compatibility (admin in particular), improved validation message handling.
- Added support for media file routing to make it easier to get started with the module.
Feb 27th 2011:
- New UI! The UI is loosely based on https://github.com/pilu/web-app-theme (a theme generator for Ruby) and is a lot better looking than the old one. See screenshots below.
- Twitter login! Requires that you enable the kohana-oauth module from the core.
- Google and Yahoo login! Uses LightOpenID which is bundled in the repo. I had a look at Janrain's popular library, but to me if you let your library generate errors on PHP 5.0.0 - 5.3.0 and have dozens of pending issues and pull requests - then you just don't care about supporting your library. So not using Janrain's lib.
- Refactored 3rd party account provider code for better extensibility.
- Database changes to allow user to be associated with more service providers. See MIGRATION below if you used had the Facebook login enabled previously and want to migrate the accounts.
- Included Datatable helper which helps when working with pagination links in tables.
Feb 21st 2011:
- CRITICAL SECURITY BUG in Facebook login; it is strongly recommended that all users of Facebook login functionality upgrade (does not affect sites with Facebook login disabled). Thank you Euan McKay!
- To support login via AJAX requests moved the processing of results from the Auth check to Controller_App->access_required and Controller_App->login_required. Override those in your app, using Request::$is_ajax to detect AJAX requests.
- Workaround for email field for http://dev.kohanaframework.org/issues/3750 in messages/register.php
Jan 28th 2011:
- Added reCaptcha support (captcha on registration)
- Upgraded to Kohana v3.0.9
Jan 12th 2011: Pushed out new version with following improvements:
- Facebook login! Yes, you can now have users register and log in using their Facebook account.
- New tutorial! I tried to go through everything necessary to get started with the module, see this new post.
- Transparent extending is now supported; you can start implementing your application by overriding Controller_User / Model_User with a class that extends Controller_Useradmin_User / Model_Useradmin_User.
- Bug fixes (login using email, validation messages, saving empty password)
Nov 25th 2010: Pushed out new version with following improvements:
- Now includes Kohana-Email module for sending password reset emails (users can request password request by entering an email, and they will be sent a one-time reset token via email).
- Validation code in model has been improved based on feedback from biakaveron.
- Validation code is prettier: it uses the approach from my validation-with-forms tutorial.
- Framework has been updated to v3.0.8 and minor compatibility bugs fixed.
Sep 14th 2010:
- Initial version.
MIGRATION from pre-Feb xxth 2011 to new schema
The schema had to be updated to allow for better support for multiple 3rd party providers.
Basically, the facebook_user_id field has been removed from the users table, and moved to the user_identies table. To migrate, you need to create a row for each user with a facebook_user_id in that table, something like:
after creating the new table. You can drop
facebook_user_id after this.
LICENCE (Simplified BSD licence)
NOTE: This licence applies to the useradmin module only, as written by Mikito Takada (found under /modules/user/). Different licences may apply to the other modules in this repository and the Kohana 3 core.
Copyright 2010 Mikito Takada. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY MIKITO TAKADA ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MIKITO TAKADA OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The views and conclusions contained in the software and documentation are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing official policies, either expressed or implied, of Mikito Takada.
Not that I have any official policies.
DEPENDENCIES'S LICENCES (bundled in repository; don't have to find these)
I have attempted to ensure that none of the dependencies are GPL licenced, so that they can be used in commercial applications without worrying about copyleft.
- Facebook's PHP SDK is under the Apache Licence, v.2.0 - needed for Facebook.
- LightOpenID is under MIT licence - needed for OpenID (Google, Yahoo).
- ReCaptchalib is under MIT licence - needed for ReCaptcha.
- Kohana oAuth and Auth are part of the Kohana Core.
- Kohana-email is a port of the same module which was in the Kohana v.2.x Core. It depends on Swiftmailer which is LGPL.
- http://www.nouveller.com/general/free-social-media-bookmark-icon-pack-the-ever-growing-icon-set/ Quote: "[Y]ou can use them anywhere, for anything for free with no attribution. No strings attached."
Please consult a lawyer if you need legal advice.