Mixxx is a free and open-source DJ software.
Clone this wiki locally
Native support for the DDJ-1000 will be added to Mixxx in the coming months.
For now please use this contributed mapping: https://www.mixxx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13346
There is no manual for DDJ-1000 mapping in MiXXX yet.
For now please use these as a reference:
- https:*www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj1000.html]] * [[DDJ-1000 mapping for Traktor|https:*github.com/pestrela/music/tree/master/traktor/mapping_ddj_1000
Specific DDJ-1000 technical info goes in this section.
See also the generic DDJ technical info here
The DDJ-1000 controller runs in internal mode, so hardware effects are only supported for beatFX master channel and analog sources. No colorFX, no per-channel USB effects. Compare to the DDJ-1000SRT that runs in external mode, so it has all colorFX and beatFX to all sources.
|Input||ColorFX||BeatFX channel||BeatFX master|
|1000 + MIXXX||NO||NO||yes|
|1000 + line-in||yes||yes||yes|
|1000SRT + MIXXX||yes||yes||yes|
|1000SRT + line-in||yes||yes||yes|
DDJ-1000 List of midi messages:
- PC APP Connect: ch 16 note A-1 (=message 9)
- This queries the physical position of the faders etc
(note1: IN/OUT is from the point of view of the software)
(note2: HID tests done in virtual DJ, to have different software FX than the hardware ones)
(note3: MIDI messages and Bugfixes can be manipulated by the firmware or by the Driver)
BeatFX ON/OFF button:
- OUT: This button has its own state machine. It doesn't react to sending a MIDI message, so we can't reset it
- IN: There is no visibility of the blinking status. Pressing the button always output a TOGGLE message
- HID: VirtualDJ has full control
- MIDI: No visibility or control. The screen always shows the Pioneer effects and their values. These Pioneer effects are ONLY applied on the master channel
- HID: VirtualDJ has full control. Master channel is VDJ effects. If an analog source is choose, the Pioneer effects return for that channel.
- IN: button blinks by itself, even when using shift+button
- OUT: button reacts to stop blinking
- HID: Unknown
- IN: it has its own state machine, per pad mode - OUT: no reaction - HID: Full control; Hotcues have 2 subpages; Loops mode have >4 sub-pages
- IN: no visibility on the active deck; the firmware always return channel 3/4 regardless of the active channel. The active channel needs to be inferred by later messages.
- OUT: no reaction
- HID: unknown
- Input select: these are received in both USB ports
- Deck messages: these are filtered by the firmware. Receiving deck messages + Input select is the only way to know which USB you are (see below)
- Mixer controls: all messages are sent to both USB ports. This is teh case even for shared controls like the crossfader. Thus it needs software filtering
* crossfader * gain, volume, EQ * colorFX buttons * all beatFX (including dry/wet) * Filter knob - HID: Confirmed that Rekordbox and Virtual can share a controller just fine
- Quite spartan, but it has all the basics
- Compared to the 1000SRT screens it just misses tempo range and elapsed+remaining
- Sync led doesn't react (firmware bug acknowledged by support)
- Luxurious displays. Adds tempo range, Waveforms, cuescope, cover art
Important: the DDJ-1000SRT doesn't have ANY jog screens in MIDI mode. This is a business decision of the Serato company.
Please voice your opinion on this feature request thread: https://serato.com/forum/discussion/1736390
This is a list of open support tickets with Pioneer about the firmware MIDI bugs. All these have been open for many months.
To raise the priority, please create a ticket yourself in the Pioneer forum. Just mention the issue name and the previous ticket number, ie, copy-paste this table.
To create an account on the Pioneer website, be sure to:
- Do not use add-block plus (or similar)
- Clear your cookies
- Prefer Edge browser instead of Chrome
|147606||DDJ-1000||Jog screen sync led gets stuck|
|147606||DDJ-1000||BeatFX does't respond to messages, and doesn't tell the current state|
|147606||DDJ-1000||Jog Ring brightness not customizable|
|147606||DDJ-1000||Impossible to know which deck you are (deck1 vs 3)|
|203047||DDJ-1000||Faders ignore USB-selector|
|205732||DDJ-1000||Impossible to know beatFX parameter value|
|147606||DDJ-1000SRT||Jog Screens not mappable because of a bussiness decision of the Serato company|
|147606||DDJ-800||Jog Screens dead, eventough they are described in the MIDI table and are the same as DDJ-1000|
|159944||XDJ-XZ||Shift doesn't send alternative messages|
|159944||XDJ-XZ||Jog screens only have needle and cue marker|
|159944||XDJ-XZ||Jog turn/touch same mssage for vinyl=off|
Several if not all of these issues affect DJayPro, which runs in MIDI mode. In particular DDJ-800 has no jog screens at all. https://www.algoriddim.com/hardware#mac