Host the Publishing Service in a Docker container!
To build the Docker image of the Sitecore Publishing Service:
- Download the SPS service zip file and place in the assets folder
- Rename the zip to "Sitecore Publishing Service.zip"
- Edit the Connection strings in the Docker-compose.yml file to a SQL Server instance the image can access. (It will install the SPS table schema in these DBs)
- Edit the hostname in the Docker-compose.yml file to a hostname of your choice or leave the default
- Open a command prompt
- Type: docker-compose up --build -d. After some time the image should be built and the container will be started with the name publishingservice.
- Add the hostname sitecore.docker.pubsvc (or your custom host) to your hosts file
- Ensure your "PublishingServiceUrlRoot" setting in "\App_Config\Include\Custom\Modules\PublishingService\Sitecore.Publishing.Service.config" points to the hostname in step 7
- Try a publish!