iOS Geocoding Services
A suite of Objective-C hooks for Google's location APIs.
- MJGeocoder: uses the Google Gecoding API to search for addresses and translate them into latitude and longitude coordinates.
- MJReverseGeocoder: uses the Google Reverse Geocoding API to translate latitude and longitude into a readable address.
- MJPlacesFinder: searches the Google Places for businesses that match a given query. (requires a Google dev API key which can be generated here: http://code.google.com/apis/console)
- Provides forward geocoding in iOS versions before 5.0.
- Provides Google places search
Also previously: to avoid a long-standing, random failure condition in MKReverseGeocoder, possibly due to usage of old APIs, or hitting a usage limit imposed by Google. A google search will bring up many documented cases of the issue, such as...
"MKErrorDomain error 4 iPhone" - Stack Overflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3926164/mkerrordomain-error-4-iphone
"MKReverseGeoCoder error 4" - iPhone Dev SDK Forum http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development/63047-mkreversegeocoder-error-4-a.html
Everything is released under the BSD License, all code is free to use in any projects (check out the files for more details)
Any comments regarding the services, suggestions, notes on bugs or comments on the MKReverseGeocoder failure issue are welcome.
The services rely on the open source Objective-C JSON framework (http://code.google.com/p/json-framework/) it's only been tested with the version included with the project.