Current version has been upgraded to run under ruby version >= 1.9.1
Changes welcome, especially new document types or better tests.
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
Add this line to your application's Gemfile:
And then execute:
Or install it yourself as:
$ gem install pd_x12
Validation is not implemented. Field types are ignored. No access methods for composites’ fields.
The authors of the project were inspired by the following works:
* The Perl X12 parser by Prasad Poruporuthan, search.cpan.org/~prasad/X12-0.09/lib/X12/Parser.pm * The Ruby port of the above by Chris Parker, rubyforge.org/projects/x12-parser/ * This project originated from App Design's X12 parser. * Project was forked by Sean Walberg, creating version 1.2.0 in April 2012. * Project was forked by Marty Petersen in November 2012, creating pd_x12.
11/2/15 - release 1.5.3, 1.5.2
- Updated 837p.xml Loop 20102AB to include REF segments
- fixed misspelling
4/16/15 - release 1.5.1
- Added inpsect method to loop class to resolve infinite loop due to changes with inspect and to_s methods in ruby 2.0.0
- Thank you to Wylan for troubleshooting and providing the fix
11/8/14 - release 1.5.0
- converted from ReXML to LibXML for speed improvement on XML parsing
9/14/13 - release 1.4.7
- Added 276 / 277 transaction messages
- Fixed issue with 835.xml file
4/15/13 - release 1.4.5
- Factories now enforce minimum sizes - wbajzek contributed
- 270Interchange.xml updated ST segment's field list - wbajzek contributed
- Test updated for minimum size - wbajzek contributed
3/22/13 - releases 1.4.1 - 1.4.3
- Fix errors in the 835.xml file
3/11/13 - release 1.4.0
- Added X12 definitions for 271 transaction
- Renamed the gem to be all lower case so Rails and other frameworks autoload the project as a gem
- Added an each method to segments to simplify looping through repeating segments