idi-o-matic reviews your PR and provides examples of how popular repos did something similar.
How it works
- When a PR is opened, idi-o-matic recieves a GitHub webhook payload and queries for the PR's commit messages.
- The commit messages are submitted to the very cool, experimental GitHub Semantic Search
- The experimental search results are filtered for match quality.
- idi-o-matic comments on the PR, suggesting relevant code along with the justification.
- Extends the new, experimental GitHub Semantic Search
- Ruby-on-Rails based GitHub bot.
- Uses Octokit for GitHub API interaction.
- Used the GitHub GraphQL API and starter app for initial research.
- Rails 5.2
- Fully automated CI/CD using Heroku
- The GitHub Semantic Search suggests python repos, so this app is limited to python suggestions as well at the moment.