It is packaged as a grunt plugin and provides you a bunch of tasks and helpers to help improve the performance of your site/app in a production environment.
This node/grunt-based build script tries to be as close as possible to the ant-build-script, a really great project you should check out.
It is still in early stage of development, but will get better, thanks to your feedback.
Fancy one line install:
# see the gist: https://gist.github.com/2359881 $ curl https://raw.github.com/gist/2359881/install.sh | sh
Slightly less fancier
$ npm install https://github.com/h5bp/node-build-script/tarball/master -g $ h5bp help $ h5bp init
$ git clone git://github.com/h5bp/node-build-script.git $ cd node-build-script $ npm link
- Concats / Compresses JS
- Concats / Compresses CSS
- Inline CSS imports via RequireJS
- Basic to aggressive html minification (via [html-minfier])
- Optimizes JPGs and PNGs (with jpegtran & optipng)
- Renames JS/CSS to prepend a hash of their contents for easier versioning
- Revises the file names of your assets so that you can use heavy caching
- Updates your HTML to reference these new hyper-optimized CSS + JS files
- Experimental dom-based (with JSDOM) build system.
- May rerun the build script on file changes (grunt's watch task ❤)
- May automatically reload the page in your browsers whenever watched files change, through some socket.io magic.
- Install the package
- Check out the extensive grunt documentation, specifically the Getting Started section.
- Learn more about Usage and Configuration
- Look at the available tasks
- Test out the experimental dom-based build system.
- Source: http://github.com/h5bp/node-build-script
- Docs: http://github.com/h5bp/node-build-script/wiki
- Issues: http://github.com/h5bp/node-build-script/issues
Run the tests
$ npm test