This repository is used to manage the code for my blog (http://mkoerner.de/).
I guess it wont be of much interest for you. But if there is a feature on my blog that you like, have a look at my source code. Also if there is anything you don't like, please tell me. I'm new to php, html, css, and wordpress so I'm sure there is stuff that can be improved.
Anyway, thanks to Ben Word and all contributors for this awesome theme!
- Source: https://github.com/roots/roots
- Home Page: http://roots.io/
- Twitter: @retlehs
- Newsletter: Subscribe
- Forum: http://discourse.roots.io/
Clone the git repo -
git clone git://github.com/roots/roots.git - or download it and then rename the directory to the name of your theme or website. Install Grunt, and then install the dependencies for Roots contained in
package.json by running the following from the Roots theme directory:
Reference the theme activation documentation to understand everything that happens once you activate Roots.
After you've installed Grunt and ran
npm install from the theme root, use
grunt watch to watch for updates to your LESS and JS files and Grunt will automatically re-build as you write your code.
lib/config.php to enable or disable support for various theme functions and to define constants that are used throughout the theme.
lib/init.php to setup custom navigation menus and post thumbnail sizes.
- Roots 101 — A guide to installing Roots, the files and theme organization
- Theme Wrapper — Learn all about the theme wrapper
- Build Script — A look into the Roots build script powered by Grunt
- Roots Sidebar — Understand how to display or hide the sidebar in Roots
- Organized file and template structure
- HTML5 Boilerplate's markup along with ARIA roles and microformat
- Grunt build script
- Theme activation
- Theme wrapper
- Root relative URLs
- Clean URLs with a plugin (no more
- All static theme assets are rewritten to the website root (
- Cleaner HTML output of navigation menus
- Cleaner output of
wp_headand enqueued scripts/styles
- Nice search (
- Image captions use
- Example vCard widget
- Posts use the hNews microformat
- Multilingual ready (Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Serbian)
Everyone is welcome to help contribute and improve this project. There are several ways you can contribute:
- Reporting issues (please read issue guidelines)
- Suggesting new features
- Writing or refactoring code
- Fixing issues
- Replying to questions on the forum
Use the Roots Discourse to ask questions and get support.