Blur is an event-driven IRC-framework written in and for Ruby.
There are a bunch of other well-written, well-running IRC libraries made for Ruby, but for me, they don't quite cut it as the library I wanted to use for my IRC services. That's how Blur came to be.
- SSL/TLS encryption
- Connect to multiple networks
- Non-blocking connections (no threading)
- Extensible with scripts, (re)loadable during runtime
- Modular, makes it a piece of cake to extend its IRC-capability
- DCC File-transfers
- DH1080 Key-Exchange
- Better event-handling in scripts