mlbench: Distributed Machine Learning Benchmark
A public and reproducible collection of reference implementations and benchmark suite for distributed machine learning systems. Benchmark for large scale solvers, implemented on different software frameworks & systems. This is a work in progress and not usable so far
- Free software: Apache Software License 2.0
- Documentation: https://mlbench.readthedocs.io.
- For reproducibility and simplicity, we currently focus on standard supervised ML, namely classification and regression solvers.
- We provide reference implementations for each algorithm, to make it easy to port to a new framework.
- Our goal is to benchmark all/most currently relevant distributed execution frameworks. We welcome contributions of new frameworks in the benchmark suite
- We provide precisely defined tasks and datasets to have a fair and precise comparison of all algorithms and frameworks.
- Independently of all solver implementations, we provide universal evaluation code allowing to compare the result metrics of different solvers and frameworks.
- Our benchmark code is easy to run on the public cloud.
- Here is an older [design doc](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jM4zXRDezEJmIKwoDOKNlGvuNNJk5_FxcBrn1mfYp0E/edit#) for this project.
About us: See Authors
Mailing list: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/mlbench