MLDB is the Machine Learning Database. It's the best way to get machine learning or AI into your applications or personal projects. Head on over to MLDB.ai to try it right now or see Running MLDB for installation details.
We're happy to announce the immediate availability of MLDB version 2016.12.16.0.
This release contains 228 new commits and modified 823 files. On top of many bug fixes and performance improvements, here are some of the highlights of this release:
- It's now possible to make multiple predictions per REST call by using the
- New Identifying Biased Features Tutorial
- New signal processing functions. This includes the
fft(data [,direction='forward' [,type='real']])function that performs a fast fourier transform on the given data.
- Added the
devicesconfiguration argument to the
tensorflow.graphfunction to specify on which device the graph is allowed to run.
- MLDB now contains CUDA kernels for shader model 5.2 (Kepler), 5.3 (Maxwell), 6.0 (P100) and 6.1 (Titan X)
- Improved support for aarch64 and ARM architectures. CUDA is now supported on the Jetson TX1
- It is now possible to track the progress of long-running procedures, as well as interrupt them. Check the Intro to Procedures page for more details.
- New numerical functions:
tan(x)are the normal trigonometric functions
atan(x)are the normal inverse trigonometric functions
atan2(x, y)returns the two-argument arctangent of
y, in other words the angle (in radians) of the point through
yfrom the origin with respect to the positive
tanh(x)are the normal hyperbolic functions
atanh(x)are the normal inverse hyperbolic functions
pi()returns the value of pi, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, as a double precision floating point number.
e()returns the value of e, the base of natural logarithms, as a double precision floating point number.
concat(x, ...)function that takes several embeddings with identical sizes in all but their last dimension and join them together on the last dimension.
import.jsonprocedure now supports the
arraysconfiguration argument to specify how arrays should be encoded in the JSON output.
import.textprocedure now returns a
rowCountfield representing the number of rows that were imported, just as the
- Fixes to the
- Fixed trailing whitespace on a CSV file that contains numbers in the last column makes MLDB think those columns are strings (as it keeps the trailing whitespace)
- Fixed MLDB crashes with a "cannot seek" exception when attempting to open a file with autoGenerateHeaders
reshape()function now has a 3 argument form.
reshape(val, shape, newel)is similar to the two argument version of reshape, but allows for the number of elements to be different. If the number of elements increases, new elements will be filled in with the newel parameter.
- Updated the
uap-corelibrary to the latest version improving user agent patterns used by the
- Fixed wide rows causing data corruption in tabular datasets
- Many fixes to the
merge()dataset function now accepts a single dataset
- Random forest speedups and improvements
svd.trainprocedure now supports all select expressions to specify it's input data, instead of the restricted form of select statements.
- Fixed regexes being recompiled for every row when using a
- The user function infrastructure has been modified to be more like built-in functions. In particular, inputs and outputs no longer need to be rows.
row_datasethas been modified to return one row per column, and an
atom_datasetconstruct added with semantics similar to the original. The types of these datasets have been improved, with inference of the
valuetype and the
columntype is now path, not string.
sql.expressionobject has been improved to allow
autoInputparameters to be passed, bypassing the requirement for a row on output and input respectively.