Base Rails Application
Base Rails application with commonly-used plugins and a few other handy things.
Setting Up Databases
If you're using MySQL, after setting up config/database.yml, you can simply type:
sudo rake mysql_setup:full
This will setup all three databases for your app using the specified DB prefix as well as add the user you configured.
This app includes some migrations to get things started:
- Migration to add the users table
- Migration to add the user_sessions table
- Migration to add the logged exceptions table
- Migration to setup the virtual enumerations table
The file config/application_config.yml can be used to define global configuration for your application (values can be overridden on a per-environment basis). To access a configuration value from anywhere in the app, simply type:
Virtual enumerations allow you to create arbitrary enumeration classes that behave like ActiveRecord models. They can be configured in config/virtual_enumerations.rb. See http://svn.protocool.com/public/plugins/enumerations_mixin/ for more information.
- Acts as state machine
- Fancy rake
- Enhanced console
- Active scaffold
- HAML (requires gem install)
- Annotate models
- Exception logger
- Application config
- Virtual enumerations
- Authlogic (requires gem install)
- Searchlogic (requires gem install)