XCB is a frontend for Feteke Csaba's cool XC=Basic compiler for 6502 processors.
Feteke Csaba has written a really nice BASIC dialect compiler for the Commodore C64 8 bit computer.
XCB is little bash script front-end to the Edit/Compile/Run loop.
Look'n'Feel is based on TurboPascal 3.0 for CP/M --- seemed appropriate for a compiler for an old 8-bit computer.
==> This is Alpha quality software, things are rough, unfinished and may ass'plode yer computer. ;-) <==
- Functioning Linux BASH shell.
- Functioning XC=Basic installation. ==> https://github.com/neilsf/XC-BASIC
- Functioning DASM 6502 assembler installation ==> https://dasm-assembler.github.io/
- Functioning VICE C64 emulator installation. ==> http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/
- Your favorite text editor. (Vim is set as default ... Why use anything else? https://pascalprecht.github.io/posts/why-i-use-vim)
Install VICE as per home page. Install both XC=Basic and DASM. All of these programs must be on your $PATH
Install XCB with:
git clone https://github.com/mlongval/xcb.git
Run XCB with:
$ cd to_your_work_directory $ xcb prog1.bas prog1.prg XC=Basic --- A 6502 BASIC Compiler (C) Csaba Fekete https://github.com/neilsf/XC-BASIC Executable paths: Assembler: /home/user/bin/dasm Compiler: /home/user/bin/xcbasic64 Machine: /home/user/bin/x64 Editor: /usr/bin/vim Work File: prog1.bas Output File: prog1.prg Edit Run Compile Quit Please select command >
Not shown above are the letters in reverse video that are the 'menu' choices. Select from the menu and then ENTER.
- W: shows a file listing of the current working directory. Select the file you want to edit. There is no provision for changing directory here. Exit the script to change directory.
- O: will ask user to enter the output file name (ie: prog1.prg). This is the target file name for the compiler
- E: edit the current Work File.
- R: run the current Output File.
- C: compile the current Work File into the current Output File.
- Q: quit the script
... and that's all folks.
- Vim (what else....)
- XCB Michael Longval ==> https://github.com/mlongval
- XC=Basic by Feteke Csaba ==> https://github.com/neilsf
- DASM by multiple authors see ==> https://dasm-assembler.github.io/
This software is licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE, Version 3, 29 June 2007
- Thanks to Feteke Csaba for the great XC=Basic compiler.
- Thanks to the folks who maintain dasm https://github.com/dasm-assembler
- Thanks to Billie Thompson (PurpleBooth) for the README.md template ==> https://gist.github.com/PurpleBooth/c01dc4a3c6acd8658286b7ffe936a8d7
- Cheers to all retrocomputer nuts out there.