4 changed files
and 6 deletions.
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
- Added query interface for introspection success
- Moved the locking of jobs into the DB as a PG function. SELECT lock_head()
- Added requirement for DB connection. MUST BE URI i.e. DATABASE_URL=postgres://user:pass@localhost/db_name
@@ -7,6 +7,7 @@ Version 0.2.3
- Added support for trapping INT and TERM signals in the worker. ^C to stop after finished and ^C^C to kill.
- Renamed the jobs table to queue_classic_jobs
- Renamed the jobs channel to queue_classic_jobs
+- Added support for multiple queues
- Fixed problems with enqueueing a list of parameters.
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
Gem:: Specification. new do | s|
= 'queue_classic '
= 'firstname.lastname@example.org '
= '0.3. 0 '
= '0.3. 1 '
= '2011-04-26 '
= "Queue Classic (beta) is a queueing library for Ruby apps (Rails, Sinatra, Etc...) Queue Classic features asynchronous job polling, database maintained locks and no ridiculous dependencies. As a matter of fact, Queue Classic only requires the pg and json. "
= s.description + "(simple) "
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
# Queue Classic
__Beta 0.3. 0__
__Beta 0.3. 1__
__Queue Classic 0.3. I have been using this library with 30-150 Heroku workers and have had great results. 0 is in Beta.__
__Queue Classic 0.3. I have been using this library with 30-150 Heroku workers and have had great results. 1 is in Beta.__
I am using this in production applications and plan to maintain and support this library for a long time.
@@ -1,9 +1,8 @@
1. Add support for multiple queues
1. Decide on the best approach for lock_head() (Will we ever be done with this? No.)
2. A Worker implemented in C that can process UNIX exec() (see queue_cc)
3. Decide on the best approach for lock_head() (Will we ever be done with this? No.)