Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
The major announcement is the introduction of support for libavfilter! This is still a work-in-progress. It is limited to FFmpeg 2.3 and up, and there are a number of filters that are black-listed because they are known to not integrate with MLT, which is not a full libav* environment or simple wrapper for it. There are likey avfilters that are not yet black-listed but might not work because they have not been completely tested. Also, they do not support MLT's keyframable property animation nor its frame-threaded parallelism due to architectural or integration limitations. However, some avfilters are slice-threaded (internal parallelism), and that works. Finally, libavfilter filtergraph syntax is not supported either.
All of the supported libavfilters are exposed as MLT filters beginning with the prefix "avfilter." All of the avfilter parameters are exposed as MLT properties with the "av." prefix to prevent clashes with MLT properties. You can run:
melt -query filters to see the new avfilters, and melt -query filter=avfilter.rotate, for example, to view generated documentation for an individual filter.
Here is a list of notable fixes and enhancements in this release:
- Added support for libavfilter to avformat module.
- Added auto-rotate support to avformat producer.
- Added animated GIF preset for avformat consumer.
- Prevent serializing and deserializing mlt_type property to xml module.
- Fixed relative paths for WebVfx "plain:" resources in xml module.
- Updated libebur128 to v1.1.0 in plus module.
- Added dynamic_loudness filter to plus module.
- Added loudness_meter filter to plus module.
- Qt 5 fixes for kdenlivetitle producer.
- Added gradients and text shadows to kdenlivetitle producer.
- Added support for building rtaudio against external build of lib.
- Upgraded bundled RtAudio to v4.1.2.
- Added status parameters to ladspa producer and filters.
- Added 5.1 surround to stereo downmix to audiochannels filter in core module.
- Fixed compiling SWIG bindings for Ruby 2.0.