This version continues to rework and refine existing features in the areas of video stabilization, audio normalization, converting and reversing files, external monitoring, and most significantly: the playlist.
- Changed Playlist > Open As Clip to simply Open. This action now opens the playlist item directly in the Source player, and all changes made in Source (trim in/out), Properties, Filters, and Keyframes apply to the playlist item immediately without an explicit update.
- Added Playlist > Copy that opens a copy of the playlist item in Source just like the old behavior. This is useful if you want to trim out another shot from the same source clip or create a different sub-clip with different filtering.
- Changed double-click on a playlist item to Open the clip instead of Copy it.
- Added keyboard shortcut
Shift+Cto Copy a playlist item.
- Now, when you drag a clip from Playlist to Timeline the timeline shows an appropriately-size box on a track.
- Fixed a performance regression (since v19.06) in the following filters: Chroma Hold, Flip, LUT 3D, Mirror, Noise: Fast, Reduce Noise: Smart Blur.
- Fixed reloading the filter UI for Rutt-Etra-Izer, Text: 3D, and Text: HTML resets the filter trimming in Keyframes.
- Added support for keyframes to the Lens Correction and Mosaic video filters.
- Fixed reliability of the Stabilize video filter to write its results (.stab) file.
- Fixed showing vidstab.trf as a missing file.
- Fixed updating Stabilize and Normalize: Two Pass results to clips copied between Source, Playlist, and Timeline.
- Added the ability for the Stabilize and Normalize: Two Pass filters' analysis jobs to update pending export jobs.
- Added the option to run pending Stabilize and Normalize: Two Pass filters' analysis jobs on export. This only works for Stabilize if you are using the project folder feature. Or, if not using the project folder feature, you must click Analyze to assign a results file name, but you can stop the analysis job.
The combination of the above fixes and changes means you can now easily batch convert files while applying image stabilization and audio normalization!
- Added support for interlace output to Properties > Reverse and Convert to Edit-friendly including overrides for Scan mode and field order.
- Improved detection of interlaced video in some files such as Ut Video in Matroska.
- Add resolution and refresh rates to the screens in Settings > External Monitor to make them easier to differentiate.
- Fixed switching between different external screens on the same GPU.
- Fixed external screen not showing on correct screen in some arrangements.
- Changed the default video quality to 55% for the Default and YouTube presets. This aligns with the x264 default crf of 23 and produces a smaller file that most people desire for upload without significant quality loss.
- Added text after Export > Advanced > Codec > Quality to show the generated codec-specific quality level (e.g. crf for x264).
- Fixed double-click in Recent Projects loading twice.
- Fixed disabling meters in the Audio Loudness scope not shrinking space.
- Added version metadata to the AppImage for Linux.
- Added md5sums.txt and sha256sums.txt to the GitHub releases page.